New and improved Primary Healthcare Panel Reports
December 11, 2017
We invite family physicians to request their 2016-17 Primary Healthcare Panel Report. These individualized reports provide information about patient demographic characteristics, health status, and aspects of patient management and utilization patterns across the healthcare system. They can help physicians and their teams strengthen the patient’s medical home and can be used to:
- Inform panel management activities
- Identify and focus on specific areas for improvement
- Identify gaps in screening and key preventive interventions
- Help physicians understand the burden of illness of their panel
- Assist with program planning and evaluation
- Make comparisons to PCN and zone aggregate panels
To ensure the reports are of most value for quality improvement in primary healthcare, they have been significantly revised through a collaborative effort with patients; family physicians; PCN executive and medical directors; Alberta Health; Alberta Health Services; Alberta Medical Association; the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta; the Universities of Alberta and Calgary medical schools.
Visit www.hqca.ca/panelreports/ to request a report and to learn more.