Studies and Reviews
The HQCA conducts studies and reviews of various facets of Alberta’s healthcare system. This work helps us fulfill the following areas of our mandate:
- Measure, monitor and assess patient safety and health service quality.
- Identify effective practices and make recommendations for the improvement of patient safety and health service quality.
- Assist in the implementation and evaluation of activities, strategies and mechanisms designed to improve patient safety and health service quality.
- Assess or study matters respecting patient safety and health service quality.
- Appoint a panel and provide administrative support for public inquiries relating to the health system, as directed by the Lieutenant Governor in Council.
Relationship, Information, and Management Continuity
New report! Understanding Patient and Provider Experiences with Relationship, Information, and Management Continuity
Moving Ahead on Transformation of Laboratory Services in Alberta.
Patient Perspectives on an Electronic Referral System for Alberta
The HQCA has released a report that captures patient perspectives on an electronic referral system for Alberta’s healthcare system.
HQCA reviews impact of medevac move to EIA
The HQCA has released the findings and recommendations from a review of the transport and care provided to medevac patients