While the HQCA’s responsibilities are set forth in the Health Quality Council of Alberta Act, our work is guided by a Strategic Overview, which highlights our Vision, Mission, and Values and defines our strategic areas of focus. By aligning ongoing and future projects to this Strategic Overview, we will continue to support our partners in improving patient safety, person-centred care, and health service quality for Albertans.
Quality healthcare for all. Dimensions of quality:
To promote and improve patient safety, person-centred care, and health service quality throughout Alberta.
What makes us who we are? Here’s what we believe in:
- People: The people of Alberta are at the centre of what we do.
- Evidence: We believe in the power of information and use trusted sources to inform our work.
- Engagement: We believe our work is better when the wisdom of others is incorporated.
- Inclusivity: We believe diverse perspectives strengthen our organization and our work.
- Integrity: We take an ethical approach, are objective in our analysis, and are transparent with work.
- Independence: We work to achieve our legislated mandate without inappropriate influence or bias.