For the fourth year, the HQCA, in partnership with our Patient and Family Advisory Committee (PFAC), held the Patient Experience Awards program to recognize and help spread knowledge about initiatives that improve the patient experience in accessing and receiving healthcare services.
Applications spanned all corners of the province and came from a wide variety of care settings, and ranged from “elegantly simple” to complex in nature. The initiatives described reflected the diverse healthcare needs of Albertans and were equally diverse in their approach to healthcare improvement. However, they all had one thing in common: A desire to make change and deliver a better patient and family member experience.
The following four initiatives were selected to receive the HQCA’s 2019 Patient Experience Awards:
- NowICU Project, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), Misericordia Community Hospital
- Rapid Access, Patient Focused Biopsy Clinic; Head and Neck Surgery, Pathology; University of Alberta Hospital
- Edmonton Prostate Interdisciplinary Cancer Clinic (EPICC), Northern Alberta Urology Centre
- Transitional Pain Service, South Health Campus
Please join us in congratulating the 2019 HQCA Patient Experience Award recipients!
Who can apply?
These awards are for any individual or team of healthcare workers in Alberta involved in designing and implementing an initiative that made a positive impact on patients’ experiences in accessing or receiving healthcare services.
- The HQCA will create a video profile about your initiative that you will be able to use to share the great work your team is doing to improve patient experience
- $2,000 in funding to apply toward attending or hosting a patient experience, quality, or patient safety education event
- A plaque
How do I apply?
If you want to apply next year, be sure to follow us on social media (links can be found below) and sign up for our newsletter here, so you are aware of when the 2020 call for applications is opened.